Applications & Requirements
Applicants must meet one of the following qualifications to be eligible for appointment to an ACGME-accredited residency program at the AU/UGA Medical Partnership:
Applicants must hold a medical degree and be one of the following:
- Graduate of a medical school in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduate of a medical school outside the United States and Canada, and meeting one of the following additional qualifications:
- Holds a currently valid certification from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or
- Holds a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction in his or her current ACGME specialty / subspecialty program, or
- Has graduated from medical school outside the United States who has completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
In addition to these institutional requirements, the Internal Medicine program has specific eligibility requirements that must be satisfied. Please review their page for requirements.
Salary & Benefits
PGY1 – $54,116
PGY2 – $55,709
PGY3 – $57,300
Benefits at UGA
For University of Georgia Health & Welfare and Retirement benefits information please visit UGA Benefits.
Snapshot of Benefits
- Life insurance – All benefits-eligible employees receive $25,000 in personal life insurance at no cost
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tax deferred savings plans: 403b and 457b
- Spending accounts (FSA, HSA, LPFSA)
- Accident insurance
- Critical illness insurance (including cancer)
- Services for domestic partners
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid-Time Off (18 PTO and 12 sick)
- Access to discounted UGA football tickets
- $1000 Educational Stipend for Professional Development
- Free meals at St. Mary’s
- Free Parking at St. Mary’s
- Access to reduced cost UGA Childcare Centers
- Discounted or Free Gym Memberships