The Office of Student Affairs at the Medical Partnership campus offers an array of support services for medical students including personal and career counseling and referrals, advocacy and events. The mission of the office is to assist each student with their academic, personal and professional development from first year through graduation, helping them to achieve their ultimate aspirations in medicine as a culturally competent physician. Together with the Office of Curriculum and the Office of Academic Success, Student Affairs oversees the academic and professional progress of every student, offering proactive, student-centered and timely support.
We work collaboratively with offices and departments across Augusta University, the University of Georgia and on the Medical Partnership campus to support and develop our medical students. Our office organizes faculty advisors, facilitates student interest groups and supports student government.
- Respecting each student’s unique needs
- Promoting cultural competency and an inclusive and diverse environment
- Offering services in a responsive and timely manner with compassion and empathy
- Serving as a student advocate both individually and collectively
- Protecting the confidentiality and rights of every student and providing clear explanations of policies and expectations